Teac W-1200 Dual Cassette Deck with Recorder
- Dual cassette decks for REC/PLAY (on both decks) with independent mechanisms
- Noise reduction system suppresses hiss during playback (equivalent to Dolby B)
- Mic input with mic mixing for karaoke and announcement applications
- One-touch dubbing, ±12% pitch control and A-B repeat
- Parallel Recording for recording to two tapes at the same time
- USB output for digital recording on PC/Mac at CD-quality (48kHz/16-bit PCM)
The W-1200 is a double cassette deck featuring two, one-way cassette decks, mic mixing, a USB digital output and other versatile recording features. In recent times, cassette tapes have fascinated those who have never used them, thanks to their warm, distinctly analogue sound, not to mention the ease of recording and the ability to create ‘mix-tapes’.
We set out to create a cassette deck that combined an excellent level of performance with an interface that suits the digital audio era. Not only does the W-1200 offer sound that’s close to the original, but it also has a wide range of versatile facilities that allow karaoke singing, the recording of conference minutes, and even the digital recording of analogue cassettes via a computer.
TEAC’s decades of experience in making recording equipment are self-evident in the W-1200, particularly where the noise reduction system is concerned. It allows users to playback legacy cassette tapes originally recorded with Dolby B NR and hear them correctly. Moreover, the pitch control allows you to change the playback speed to whatever’s considered appropriate while the level meters provided enable fine-tuning of recording levels. A timer REC/PLAY function is provided to allow use with a third-party audio timer.